Fall is one of the best times of year for produce and consumers absolutely love menu items that remind them of the changing season. Sometimes having a list of the current produce in season can help a caterer or restaurant properly develop locally targeted menus while still targeting fall trends (like pumpkin spiced everything). We’ve put together a list of what’s in season in Ontario during October along with some related recipes for inspiration. Check it out below!
1. Crab Apple & Brown Butter Pudding
2. Balsamic Roasted Beet Salad
3. Savory Pumpkin Pizza
AKA the best pizza you will ever eat. Recipe here.
4. Sage Butter Lemon Roasted Chicken in Goat Milk With Brussels Sprout Pasta
Doesn’t it just scream a cozy fall meal? Recipe here.
5. Roasted Parmesan Pesto Potatoes
6. Smoky Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Spiralized Apple Slaw
On pretzel buns, with maple mustard. Are you salivating yet? Recipe here.
7. Cranberry Margaritas
Goes great with turkey and stuffing I bet! Recipe here.
Hopefully some of these recipes have got your creative juices flowing. If there’s any extras, you know where to find us!